Pulling the plug on Facebook and Twitter, Tweet Archive
A year ago I uninstalled Facebook and Twitter from my phone in an effort to slim down my social media fake news diet. The idea was I'd occasionally check in from my laptop. Which I didn't. So this week I've finally taken the plunge and deleted both accounts. Or rather, deactivated, you have to wait 30 days before they actually delete anything. I also nuked Quora, because of the hack rather than any particular tendency to undermine the foundations of democracy.
This leaves me with a potential problem. As a person with a rapidly decreasing social media footprint I might be asked to host the Oscars. It would be nice to be tapped, but I really don't want to and so I've published a complete archive of all my tweets. I'm pretty sure some of them would be disqualifying. Whew.
- The Trust Project, Fake News and a Partial Facebook Uninstall
- I didn't think I'd ever fall for fake news on Facebook
- Doing news right with Feedly and Google News
You Might Also Like
- ISS Lunar Transit (4K Video)
- Is it safe to open securedoc.html (Cisco Registered Envelope)?
- Maybe Elon really is playing three-dimensional chess
All comments are moderated. Your email address is used to display a Gravatar and optionally for notification of new comments and to sign up for the newsletter.