Israel just banned models with a BMI under 18.5. That's not severely underweight, it's the boundary with normal. Like banning models packing an extra pound (not that the law touches this end of the spectrum). Lawmakers have too much free time on their hands when they pass body crimes (or thought crimes). Outlawing underweight models isn't going to put a dent in eating disorders. Even if it was a reasonable law it's going after a symptom rather than any sort of root cause.
- Has France Cracked Fixing Education?
- Go-arounds: LEGO and Legislative Service
- New Scientist on Immigration
You Might Also Like
- I would do anything to reduce gun violence, but I won't do that (an open letter to Joe Manchin)
- Clouds Over The Farallones
- Happy Storm