I converted an ASP.NET MVC web application to 64-bit in order to use dlib and it immediately died with a System.BadImageFormatException (Could not load file or assembly 'xxx' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.)
Assuming I must have a stray wrong-bittedness something lying around I spent way to long with the assembly binding log viewer (Fuslogvw.exe) trying to figure out what I had messed up. But eventually I realized that Visual Studio was launching a 32-bit version of IIS Express to debug a 64-bit web application.
To fix this select Options from the Tools menu, expand Projects and Solutions, choose Web Projects and then check Use the 64-bit version of IIS Express for web sites and projects. Problem solved.
(Probably shouldn't have this component in the web application - the plan longer term is to move it to an asynchronous process somewhere instead.)
You Might Also Like
- Fastest image merge (alpha blend) in GDI+
- Photos of Space Shuttle Endeavor visiting San Francisco